The morning after I arrived, Camille, Brie and I took Tytan to school. Camille wisely had me do the driving so I could get used to the car and learn the routes. Tytan was very excited to tell his teacher and Mr. Freddy, the security guard, "My grandma's here!" Best welcome ever--I felt like a celebrity.
After school, Tytan and Brie enjoy the playground until Mr. Freddy says it's time to go home. Note Brie's Cinderella dress and "glass" slippers. She wore them every day I was there, rain or shine.
Next we picked Bryan up early from work at Goldman Sachs on the Jersey side of the Hudson. He has enjoyed a magnificent view of Manhattan from his office. Brie enjoyed a fun twirl with her dad!
We dropped Camille and Bryan off at the airport that evening and I was on my own with Brie and Tytan asleep in the back seat. With the help of the car navigation system, I managed to avoid taking the Holland Tunnel into New York City and made it almost all the way home, until there was a policeman blocking the road I was supposed to turn onto. He told me to turn the opposite direction and then the system took me back to the freeway and then at the last minute into Jersey City. Fortunately, Camille and Bryan were still at the airport, so I called and Camille talked me through the turns until I got to their neighborhood. Whew!
On Saturday (and again on Columbus Day), I took Brie and Tytan to the nearby Liberty Science Center. They loved playing with the interactive exhibits and I loved watching them have so much fun.
| Watching bees coming and going to their hive |
![]() |
| Tytan and Brie playing a video game where one is a virus/bacteria and the other is a white blood cell that gobbles up the bad guys. |
Brie and Tytan enjoyed the Bernoulli effect exhibit most! Tytan was concerned about losing the "Drug Free" badge he had gotten at school, but he found it again.
On Sunday morning we took a long walk before church. It was wonderful to feel the warm sunshine and see the beautiful views that Camille and Bryan have enjoyed while living in New Jersey.
We look forward to more adventures with Tytan and Brie and their parents in their new home in Michigan!





1 comment:
As usual, the kids had way too much fun with you and were sad when their boring parents returned home. Thank you so much! Only wish we had more time together too!
Post a Comment